Thursday, February 9, 2012

What do the names Miles and Flora mean? They are from The Turb of the Screw, by Henry James (more details).?

Well, I am writing an essay on the book and i read somewhere that knowing the names of the children might be an interesting symbol. I looked it up but those are hard names to find, though Flora tends to have the usual spring, flower-meaning.



I wonder if there are other interpretations concerning the book as far as the names go, but any sort of help regarding that is welcomed.



Thank you.

What do the names Miles and Flora mean? They are from The Turb of the Screw, by Henry James (more details).?
Oh, I just named a character of mine Milo because it's a diminutive of the name Miles - soldier:



"MILES

Soldier

Origin: Greek



Info: Sometimes used as a short form of Michael by the British. Miles Standish, pilgrim and settler."



I haven't read the book, so I can't provide any connections to it. You sound right about Flora. Good luck!

horns

No comments:

Post a Comment